Kennedy Lugar YES Program (2021-2022) in USA Fully Funded Exchange Program for School Students
The Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study YES program 2021 -2022 aims to invite high school students to a fully-funded exchange program to USA, funded by the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The duration of this exchange program for students is one year.
Get O/A Levels & IGCSE Solved Topical Past Papers, Notes & Books
🚚 Delivering all over PAKISTAN 🇵🇰 & ✈️ Internationally 🌐
Contact Our Expert Team for Free Guidance & Suggestions
The Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) program was established in October, 2002. The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State, along with the U.S. exchange community, recognized the importance of youth exchange as a key component to building bridges between citizens of the United States and countries around the world, particularly those with significant Muslim populations.
The program is funded by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational & Cultural Affairs (ECA) to provide scholarships for high school students from countries with significant Muslim populations to study for one academic year in the United States. YES students serve as “youth ambassadors” of their home country, promoting mutual understanding by forming lasting relationships with their host families and communities. Participants live with a host family, attend an American high school, acquire leadership skills, and engage in activities to learn about U.S. society and values; they also help educate Americans about their home country and culture. Empowering individuals and communities to think, learn, share and grow for a better world by creating innovative opportunities.
The program officially launched in Pakistan in 2003 in hopes to expand communication between the people of the United States and Pakistan in order to promote mutual understanding and respect. Since then, 1,274 Pakistani students have completed the YES program and now participate as alumni.
The Applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Be between the ages of 15-17 by the start of program (August 1, 2021);
- Be enrolled in a secondary school in Pakistan, and be in 9th or 10th grade or ‘O’ Levels at the time of application;
- Have earned minimum marks of 60% in all major/core subjects (English, Mathematics, Sciences) in the last class attended without any failing grades, and have an overall minimum average mark of 60% for the past three years. (Students with a gap year or a repeated year are ineligible.);
- Be able to communicate in English. Applicants must have earned a minimum mark of 60% on the last English exam and minimum marks of 60% for the previous two years;
- Meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility requirements (for instance, U.S. citizens are not eligible for J-1 visa);
- Be a citizen of Pakistan and reside in Pakistan;
- Must not have traveled to the United States.
Note: Applicants must earn minimum marks of 60% in all subjects on the examination (the annual exams that will be held in 2021) that will be held prior to departure to the U.S. Students will be required to send their mark sheets from the last examination.
The Application is completely free of cost. If you fulfill the Eligibility Criteria we highly recommend you to apply for this once in a life time fully funded opportunity in the United States.
- Attach Photocopy of NADRA ‘BAY’ form or NADRA Birth Certificate.
- Certificate (FRC) or Smart Card
- Attach scanned copies of academic transcripts for the last 3 years.
- Preliminary Applications will not be accepted if they are not submitted with parents, students, or the Principal’s signature.
- Applications lacking documents will not be accepted.
The selection procedure involves the following steps:
- Online Preliminary Application
- Online interview
- In-person Interview, English language test, and Group Activity.
- Final Evaluation
Application deadline for YES Program Pakistan 2021: October 20, 2020.
Please visit the following links for Application Form and further details of YES Pakistan Program 2021-2022.
If you have any question, feel free to ask in the comments below.