Cambridge International AS & A Level Chemistry Coursebook 3rd Edition with Digital Access by Lawrie Ryan, Roger Norris
- Features (such as ‘Before You Start’), summaries and reflection boxes provide students with metacognitive and content-based reflection opportunities.
- Science in Context features with open-ended discussion questions enable students to practise their English skills, interpret ideas in a real-world context, and debate concepts with other learners.
- Multi-part exam-style questions at the end of each chapter help prepare students for examinations and cover the range of paper styles.
- Provides a range of enquiry questions – such as practical activities, group work and debate questions, that help students develop 21st century skills.
- Combined print and digital resource enables you to use the content in a format that suits you.
- Includes answers to in-chapter and exam-style questions so students have everything they need to revise when they want
- Practical activity features build student understanding so that they can put theory into a practical context.
AS & A Level Chemistry Coursebook 3rd Edition ISBN:9781108863193
Author(s):Lawrie Ryan, Roger Norris
For first examination from 2022, these resources meet the real needs of the chemistry classroom.
How to use this series
How to use this book
1. Atomic structure
2. Electrons in atoms
3. Atoms, molecules and stoichiometry
4. Chemical bonding
5. States of matter
6. Enthalpy changes
7. Redox reactions
9. Rates of reaction
11. Group 2
12. Group 17
13. Nitrogen and Sulfur
14. Introduction to organic chemistry
17. Alcohols, esters, carboxylic acids
18. Carbonyl compounds
P1. Practical skills for AS Level
19. Lattice energy
21. Further aspects of equilibria
22. Reaction kinetics
23. Entropy and Gibbs free energy
24. Transition elements
25. Benzene and its compounds
26. Carboxylic acids and their derivatives
27. Organic nitrogen compounds
29. Organic synthesis
30. Analytical chemistry
P2. Practical skills for A Level
Appendix 1. The Periodic Table of the Elements
Appendix 2. Selected standard electrode potentials
Appendix 3. Qualitative analysis notes