The prophet (P.b.u.h) allowed his followers to migrate to Yathrib (Madinah) .
Get O/A Levels & IGCSE Solved Topical Past Papers, Notes & Books
Home Delivery all over PAKISTAN at Discounted Prices
When the Quraish got to know of it, they gathered ar Dar – Un – Nadwa and unanimously agreed to assassinate the prophet (P.b.u.h) (idea of Abu Jahl – young man from each tribe).
Once the other Muslims had left Makkah, their remained only the Holy Prophet (P.b.u.h), Hazrat Abu Bakr and Hazrat Ali.
Allah informed the prophet (P.b.u.h) about this plot through a revelation and ordered him to migrate to Yathrib.
“Remember how the unbelievers plotted against you, to keep you in bonds, or slay you or get you out (of your homes). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans, but the best of planners is Allah”
The Prophet (P.b.u.h) escaped secretly at night with Abu Bakr, leaving behind Ali to sleep in his bedand to return the valuables entrust to him by people.The two of them stayed in the cave of Thaur for three days. During their stay Abu Bakr’s son Abdullah would bring news from Makkan. Asma Abu Bakrs daughter would bring food.When the Quraish came looking for the prophet, they did not bother looking inside the cave as pegion had laod eggs at the threshold of the cave, a spider had formed a web and branches of a tree were covering the enterance- these all were the miracles of Allah.
During the stay Hazrat Abu Bakr was worried so Prophet(P.b.u.h) reassured him by saying:
“Have no fear for Allah is with us”
During their stay Abu Bakr was bitten up by a snake but he didn’t even shout as the prophet was sleeping in his lap and he didn’t wanted to disturb him this shows how much he cared for the Prophet (P.b.u.h). After spending three days in the cave, they setout for Madina.
They again stopped at Quba for two weeks where Hazarat Ali joined them and during his stay at Quba the first mosque on the Earth was built Prophet Muhammad (P.b.u.h) himself participated in the building of the mosque “Masjid –e- Quba”
Upon reaching Madina the people of Madina welcomed them publically, young girls even sang songs for prophet. Everybody wanted the prophet to stay with him but the prophet said that the camel was under divine instructions so he would stay where the camel stopped.
The camel stopped at an empty plot which belonged to two orphans and the prophet (P.b.u.h) decided to builde a mosque on that place after paying the orphans its price. Meanwhile, the prophet stayed at Hazrat Abu Ayub Ansari’s residence.
Causes of Hijra:
- Prophet’s life was at danger in Makkah.
- Prophet (P.b.u.h) had no clan protection – after the death of Abu Talib
- His preaching met with little success at Al Taif.
- He was assured of acceptance at Madina – pledges of Al Aqabah.
- Hence, here he might put the teachings he was receiving into effect.
- In order to save Islam.
- Followers were under threat and some had experienced long persecutions.
- People of Medina realized his mission and accepted him as a religious leader.
- Muslim calendar started from the hijra and not from any other event in the life of the prophet.
- Muslims could now practice their religion freely and openly as conditions in Makkah were worsening.
- Holy Prophet (P.b.u.h) could now preach Islam with ease.
- Ansar and Muhajir – unity
Relax your Mind From Studying and WATCH this Beautiful Sun Flower Painting.
SUBSCRIBE to learn How to Paint